Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stomach Virus At Night

✰ Christoph Scholder - Oktoberfest

Christoph Scholder novel begins a bit confusing for me - an old man is murdered, details are not known - the plot also between different times and places commutes - Prizren in Kosovo 2003 , Afghanistan 1984, Bremerhaven, 2004, Grozny in Chechnya 1994th Then we come to Munich.

2003rd The logistics contractor Karl Romberg Werner Vogel and his partner plan with cooling loads into Oktoberfest business to get in - so they go up a high financial risk, but it's worth it. For Oktoberfest 2004, they made a name and are thick in the business. So far - so good. For me, the story lines come up to this time together yet - and a thriller that has not much. Yes, I'm bored even - the scenes are almost stereotypical, the dialogue flat and wooden - and I really think about whether I should put the book aside.

But then the evil in the form of Oleg Blokhin and his elite soldiers from Russia into the game. They take all the marquee visitors hostage and are threatening a gas attack, should their demands are not heard. The only one who can help now - Wolfgang hardener - Sea captain, secret agent, and actually an unknown entity. In his hands now seventy thousand people are living.

now - right now is a mediocre novel is a gripping thriller. The story jumps between Wolf and Oleg Blokhin hardener - and a few secondary sites - up and down - Cliff Hanger me to read on and on. Why does Oleg Blokhin as many hostages, which he wants to achieve with it - and will be able to rescue the seventy thousands of innocents? Also gradually all comes together - the various strands form an image - but always nice and slow - one piece at a another is added - Christoph Scholder has my full attention. The style changes radically - no more flat dialogue - short and concise conversations - Tell a rapid pace beforehand where slowness prevailed - and again I imagine how I must install the newly found part so that it results in a meaningful whole.

He made me fidget long, this Christian Scholder, strained my patience almost to bursting - but then he had me - fast and furious. Oktoberfest I go again next year still does not - too many (liquor) corpses.



Hardcover: 603 pages, published by Droemer / Knaur , August 2010.
ISBN: 978-3426198889





0 comments:

Post a Comment