Monday, November 15, 2010

Ibanez Srtn Preamp Forum

✰ Caterina Bonvicini - The balance of the sharks

" She looked at me as I lay crying on her bed," What are you, Mama "? And I, "Nothing, it's over right now. I lost my balance, "Since she has approached me on her toes.: "Mama? Tell me, how does a balance? I'll paint one, then you have a new one. "I am, I broke out laughing, they have embraced with tears and kisses off her face. "It is a fish," I said to her, "a fish that swims through the water straight ahead."

out of balance. Sofia, Turin gifted photographer tipped in a difficult relationship to the next. After her marriage to Nicola depressive it expires two men who are just as self-centered and unstable, as her ex-husband. She finds herself in a balancing act between Marcello and Arturo - and is himself deeper and deeper into into these relationships. It is going down - and her father, the only one they could get back to the surface, traveling the seven seas and swim with sharks. When she discovered a pile of letters from her mother and begins to read this, you will be swept away any ground under their feet.

in free fall. Sofia's pain is felt on every page, and he is getting more intense the deeper they fall. Caterina Bonvicini highlights - reinforced that feeling with their language - in every sentence is melancholy - but not so much that it overwhelmed me. A sensitive approach to the subject depression, with the protagonist, with love of life itself.

Perfect balance. Stylistically very different, the reports of the father. Full of love, he tells of his encounters with sharks - so the breath away with reading, these passages are so beautiful - I would almost get themselves into the water to sharks. Nando makes this alleged monster human - while in Sofia the people into monsters. Marcello and Arturo are like two sharks that tear at Sofia as on a piece of dead fish, all they want for themselves and yet they do not realize that they make them broken. And her father is the only one who does not realize that this fight only serves to his attention, his love fully to win for themselves.

divided - torn apart - the form of the novel - there and jump between Sofia shaken, and the balance of the father - is reflected to me Sofia's own inner turmoil again - her commute between two men - between being strong for Arturo and Marcello and his own deep-rooted weakness. But it also expresses life itself - it is so beautiful and yet can be so cruel.

"Here one finds his balance, and then it is indeed just a maze."



Hardcover: 283 pages, published by Fischer (S.) , August 2010. From the Italian by Catherine Schmidt, original title: L'equilibrio degli Squali .
ISBN: 978-3100035141



0 comments:

Post a Comment